At Central Florida Health, we know that healthcare can sometimes be confusing. When people have the information they need before receiving medical treatment, they become smart and happy consumers. The more accurate and comprehensive the information, the better healthcare works. This is healthcare transparency. Our goal is to help you understand your options, care, and bills from Central Florida Health and other healthcare providers.
Important information for our patients:
- Patients may request estimated charges.
- Other providers may bill the patient separately for services performed.
- Providers may not participate with facility insurers (out-of-network).
- Patients should contact practitioners to determine network status.
To see the average payments for over 200 service bundles on the American Health Care Association's (AHCA) price transparency site, click here. The service bundles include all components of care, including physician, ancillary and hospital payments. The average payment data is based on claims data submitted on non-Medicare and non-Medicaid member health care encounters by health plans.
- The service bundle information is a nonpersonalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and that actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient;
- Patients have a right to request a personalized estimate from the hospital;
- Patients should contact the health care providers anticipated to provide services to the patient while in the hospital to obtain a personalized estimate of their costs, their billing practices and whether they participate in the patient’s health plan.
Financial assistance policy
The Central Florida Health financial assistance program was established to help patients with limited financial resources to pay for care provided to them.
Our patient financial services team can help you determine your eligibility for the financial assistance program. As a part of the eligibility process, you will be asked to provide a confidential financial statement and income certification (including a credit report and other documents necessary for verifying income).
Click the links below to obtain additional information regarding Central Florida Health's financial assistance program.
- CFH Financial Assistance Program Summary.
- CFH Financial Assistance Program Summary (Spanish).
- Full Financial Assistance Policy.
- Full Financial Assistance Policy (Spanish).
- CFH Financial Assistance Application.
- Billing Collections Payment Policy.
To determine if you are eligible, or if you have questions, please call 352.323.5040.
Charity care policy
It is the policy of Central Florida Health (CFH) to provide emergency care to all patients regardless of ability to pay. CFH hospitals allocate resources to identify charity cases and provide uncompensated care based upon the information submitted at the time of application for charity care by patients or their legal representative or through the use of other criteria-based methods to determine charity eligibility.
Charity adjustments may only be granted to patients receiving non-elective care. Charity adjustments may be applied to approved accounts for uninsured and underinsured patients based on the patient’s total gross family income (family unit) and the patient’s willful cooperation in applying for Medicaid or other available coverage.
To qualify for charity care at CFH, one must meet established medical necessity, identification, income and assets (for medical indigence), and residency criteria.
To learn more about Central Florida Health’s Charity Care policy, contact us at 352.323.5660.
Billing collections payment policy
Central Florida Health Patient Financial Services (PFS) performs the billing, collection and accounts reconciliation processes for all services rendered at Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
For questions regarding a hospital bill, patients and/or guarantors may contact:
Accepted health plans
We accept the following plans, provider networks and government programs:
- Aetna Networks—excludes Exchange Plan.
- National Advantage Plans; Open Choice, Managed Choice, Whole Health, POS, POS II, Open Access, Premier Care, etc.
- Beech Street.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Blue Select.
- Health Options.
- Network Blue.
- PPO and PPC.
- BC/BS Advantage—Medicare Managed.
- UnitedHealthcare HMO/PPO.
- AARP MCR Advantage Complete (UHC).
- UHC WellMed.
- UnitedHealthcare Villages Plan.
- UHC Medicaid.
- Care Improvement Plus (not contracted) MCR SNP
- Cigna Networks.
- Commercial (Payer does not offer Medicare Adv)
- Choice Fund PPO
- Open Access Plus
- OA Plus
- Coventry Health Care—workers' compensation.
- First Health.
- Humana—Medicare-managed PPO.
- Care Plus—Medicare-managed.
- Freedom Health—Medicare-managed.
- Summit Healthcare—workers' compensation.
- Tricare Prime—not in network.
- Assurant—not in network.
- Healthchoice (ORMC) (TVRH Only)
If your insurance company is not listed above, please contact your insurance provider directly to negotiate an individual letter of agreement with our hospital so you can receive your care with us.
The above list is for reference purposes only and is subject to change. Check with your health plan to confirm that our hospital is included. We may participate in some, but not all, products offered by a health plan.
For questions about insurance coverage or specific plan products including Medicare and Alliance Labs, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
All Medicare Advantage Payers—split billing except Blue Cross Blue Shield
Central Florida Health will provide a written estimate for hospital services to anyone requesting an estimate within seven (7) days after the request. Information provided is an estimate of charges associated with the procedures and diagnoses and does not account for unforeseen complications or additional healthcare conditions that may increase the cost of care. The estimates will be made available either electronically or via written correspondence. Patients and potential patients may request a specific estimate, based upon their physician's order by contacting us at 352.323.5660.
Provider groups under contract with the hospital
265 Brookview Centre Way
Knoxville, TN 37919
265 Brookview Centre Way
Knoxville, TN 37919
Ayodej Otegbeye, MD
844 N. Thornton Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803
Lake Medical Imaging and Vascular Institute
801 E. Dixie Ave.
Leesburg, FL 34748
Pre-existing condition insurance
If you are uninsured and have any pre-existing condition, such as diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or cancer, you may be eligible to purchase health insurance under the pre-existing condition insurance plan. To be eligible, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen or legal resident.
- Have been without health insurance for at least 6 months.
- Have a pre-existing condition or have been denied health coverage because of a health condition.
For more information, visit healthcare.gov.
Central Florida Health
Patient financial services