Welcome to Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC) Senior Behavioral Health Center. Opened in August of 2017, this beautifully appointed facility focuses on treating mature adults who suffer from changes in behavior and emotions that require specialized treatment.
Many of our patients require a combination of medical treatment, rehabilitative, and physical care. Our center is committed to offering comprehensive therapy that understands the uniqueness of aging. We offer solutions for depression, confusion, sadness, agitation and combativeness. Individual, group, and family therapy is provided by our social workers, activity therapists, and physical therapists. The intimate, 21-bed specialty unit fosters a relaxed, patient-focused approach which includes:
- Inpatient treatment for behavioral health disorders for older adults.
- Treatment for diagnoses such as depression, psychosis, bipolar disorder, and anxiety.
- Treatment of difficult behaviors such as aggression, combativeness and problems sleeping or eating.
- Individual, group, or family therapy and activity therapy.
- Education is provided to family members to assist with issues concerning their loved ones.
As a purely voluntary consent facility, the LRMC Senior Behavioral Health Center offers a different environment from many other facilities in the region. By exclusively providing care for aging adults, our facility provides a tailored option for patients through a calm and secure environment. The Center often treats:
- Depression (changes in sleep, appetite)
- Anxiety (increased worrying, nervousness and pacing)
- Psychosis (auditory or visual hallucinations)
- Paranoia (irrational beliefs that others are plotting to harm)
- Delusions (fixed false beliefs regarding self, others, environment)
- Behavioral concerns (yelling, cursing)
- Other admission criteria may include: medication noncompliance, increased sadness or grief, medication adjustment, combativeness