Welcome to Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC) Senior Behavioral Health Center.
Many older adults suffer from changes in behavior and emotions that require specialized treatment. Often, their needs require a combination of medical treatment, rehabilitative, and physical care. The LRMC Senior Behavioral Health Center is committed to offering comprehensive therapy that understands the uniqueness of aging, specializing in the treatment of senior behavioral medicine.
We offer solutions for depression, confusion, sadness, agitation and combativeness. Individual, group, and family therapy is provided by our social workers, activity therapists, and physical therapists. The 21-bed specialty unit includes:
- Inpatient treatment for behavioral health disorders for older adults.
- Treats diagnosis such as depression, psychosis, bipolar disorder, and anxiety.
- Provides treatment of difficult behavior such as aggression, combativeness and problems sleeping or eating.
- Patients receive individual, group, family therapy and activity therapy according to their individual needs. Education is provided to the family to assist with issues concerning their loved ones.
The LRMC Behavioral Health Center treats:
- Depression (changes in sleep, appetite)
- Anxiety (increased worrying, nervousness and pacing)
- Psychosis (auditory or visual hallucinations)
- Paranoia (irrational beliefs that others are plotting to harm)
- Delusions (fixed false beliefs regarding self, others, environment)
- Behavioral concerns (yelling, cursing)
- Other admission criteria may include: medication noncompliance, increased sadness or grief, medication adjustment, combativeness