Welcome to Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC) Senior Behavioral Health Center.
Many older adults suffer from changes in behavior and emotions that require specialized treatment. Often, their needs require a combination of medical treatment, rehabilitative, and physical care. The LRMC Senior Behavioral Health Center is committed to offering comprehensive therapy that understands the uniqueness of aging, specializing in the treatment of memory disorders and senior behavioral medicine.
We offer solutions for memory loss, confusion, and sadness, often serving as a nursing home placement service for your family. Individual, group, and family therapy is provided by our social workers, activity therapists, and physical therapists. The 21-bed specialty unit includes:
- Inpatient treatment for behavioral health disorders for adults 65 and older.
- Treats diagnosis such as depression, psychosis, and dementia.
- Provides treatment of difficult behavior associated with dementia such as aggression, combativeness and problems sleeping or eating.
- Patients receive individual, group, family therapy and activity therapy according to their individual needs. Education is provided to the family to assist with issues concerning their loved ones.
- Will assist in finding nursing home placement if needed or assist current facility in relocating residents to a more appropriate placement, if discussed upon admission.
The LRMC Behavioral Health Center treats:
- Dementia (progressive memory loss or confusion)
- Delusions (fixed false beliefs regarding self, others, environment)
- Delirium (acute onset confusion with psychosis)
- Psychosis (auditory or visual hallucinations)
- Paranoia (irrational beliefs that others are plotting to harm)
- Anxiety (increased worrying, nervousness and pacing)
- Depression (changes in sleep, appetite)
- Behavioral concerns (yelling, cursing)
- Other admission criteria may include: medication noncompliance, increased sadness or grief, medication adjustment, combativeness