The Heart Institute at Leesburg Regional Medical Center
The Heart Institute at Leesburg Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive, individualized care for patients with a variety of cardiac (heart) and vascular (artery and vein) conditions. We offer the latest minimally invasive diagnostic services and treatments, as well as comprehensive rehabilitation services in a single, convenient location. In fact, our open heart surgery program performs 1 of the largest volumes of surgeries in the state of Florida each year.
Patients who visit our Heart Institute are able to consult with some of the most experienced physicians in the fields of cardiology and vascular care. Our team includes board-certified cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, diagnostic radiologists, interventional radiologists, and specialized cardiac care nurses. As such, we are well-equipped to diagnose and treat a variety of cardiovascular conditions, ranging from coronary artery disease and arrhythmias to heart failure and heart attacks.
At Leesburg Regional Medical Center, our facility consists of:
- Cardiovascular surgical suites.
- Cardiac catheterization laboratories with state-of-the-art digital equipment for percutaneous coronary intervention.
- A comprehensive electrophysiology lab for diagnosing and treating heart arrhythmias.
- Cardiovascular intensive care unit (CVICU).
- Cardiovascular unit (CVU).
- Cardiac rehabilitation gym.
- Waiting rooms providing comfortable accommodations for patients and their families.
The Heart Institute at Leesburg Regional Medical Center is an industry leader with its use of these procedures and technologies:
- Extensive surgical procedures including: coronary bypass, minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic and thoracic surgery and more.
- Electrophysiology—ventricular and atrial mapping, ablations.
- TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement).
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Coronary angioplasty and cutting balloon angioplasty.
- Intracoronary and intraarterial stent placement.
- Carotid angiography.
- Diagnostic renal angiography and renal stent placement.
- Peripheral angiography, angioplasty, atherectomy and stent placement.
- Inferior vena cava filter insertion and placement.
- Pacemaker implants.
- AICD insertion.
- Nuclear stress tests.
- Echocardiography—3D echo.
- Tilt table testing.
- Trigger monitor application.
- Cardiac rehabilitation.