Our dedicated Pediatrics Unit provides comprehensive inpatient care for children from birth up to age 18. Our team is specially-trained to care for children with a variety of health problems, including meningitis; chickenpox; respiratory problems such as asthma, RSV and pneumonia; minor surgeries; and more. Nurses and Pediatric Hospitalists work closely with the children and their families.
Your child's safety and security are very important to us. Our Pediatric Unit is designed to make children and their families feel secure and comfortable during times of illness or injury.
To ease the stress of your child's hospital visit, UF Health Leesburg Hospital offers around-the-clock care from Pediatric Hospitalists. We partner with Central Florida Pediatric Intensive Care Specialists to provide pediatricians—known as Pediatric Hospitalists—who specialize in the care of hospital patients from infancy to adulthood.
What is a Pediatric Hospitalist?
- Care exclusively for pediatric and newborn patients and their families who are in the hospital.
- Oversee all medical treatment from admission to discharge, including examining your child, ordering tests and medications, and answering any questions or concerns.
- Are on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Keep an open line of communication with your child's primary care physician, ensuring the same excellent care both in the hospital and the physician's office.
- Central Florida Pediatric Intensive Care Specialist (CFPICS) is a hospitalist practice supervised by board-certified pediatric intensivists.
To learn more about our Pediatric Hospitalist program, call Central Florida Pediatric Intensive Care Specialists at 352.787.7018.