Labor & Delivery
At Leesburg Regional Medical Center's Life Center for Women, our network of board-certified obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatric hospitalists and dedicated women's care nurses provide compassionate and personalized care through each phase of the birthing experience. Our spacious labor and delivery suites were designed for the comfort of mothers and babies as well as their families.
The Life Center for Women is equipped with a 10-bed newborn nursery and state-of-the-art operating and recovery rooms for caesarean deliveries. Plus, our pediatric hospitalist team provides around-the-clock care to every newborn baby in our hospital. Each year, more than 1,400 babies are born at Leesburg Regional Medical Center. That's experience you can count on when it matters most.
Lactation services are available as well as childbirth education classes.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), "breastfeeding is a vital component of realizing every child's right to the highest attainable standard of health.The first few hours and days of a newborn's life are a critical window for establishing lactation and providing mothers with the support they need to breastfeed successfully."
At the Life Center for Women at LRMC, we want to ensure that mothers and newborns receive timely and appropriate care to enable the establishment of optimal feeding for newborns, which promotes their health and development. If you need assistance, please utilize any of the following resources:
- Florida Department of Health in Lake County, WIC Program
- Breastfeeding peer counselors offer one-on-one and group breastfeeding education and support for eligible WIC clients. Breastfeeding and You is a community support group held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. For more information, call (352) 315-4425 ext. 2906 or visit lake.floridahealth.gov or www.FloridaWIC.org.
- Lake County Healthy Start
- Healthy Start participants receive personalized breastfeeding support, parenting education, tobacco cessation and other services. For more information, or to join a breastfeeding support group, call (352) 314-6933. For more information about a Spanish-speaking breastfeeding support group in the Groveland area, call (352) 203-0613. Visit www.CentralHealthyStart.org to learn more.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline
- Receive over-the-phone help with common breastfeeding concerns by calling 1-800-994-9662.
- La Leche League
- Leesburg Regional Medical Center
- Post-delivery breastfeeding support is available for all new moms and babies at LRMC. Hospital lactation consultants also offer a Mom's Morning Out Support Group on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B. The address is 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. Call (352) 323-2095 to learn more. Breastfeeding classes are also available for a small fee.
Childbirth education classes
We are committed to meeting your pre- and post-natal education needs. Our Childbirth Education class (Lamaze) and Newborn Care and Breastfeeding class are taught by skilled healthcare professionals and offer helpful interactive discussions for new or soon-to-be parents.
Print and mail the registration form with your payment to:
Leesburg Regional Medical Center
Attn: Christine Leeper, Maternal Child Health
600 E. Dixie Avenue
Leesburg, FL 34748
Mom's morning out
Mom's Morning Out Breastfeeding Support and Newborn Education
Did you deliver your baby at Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC)? If so, you're invited to join us on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on the hospital campus for continued support. This FREE educational group is a great opportunity for new moms to meet other women in the community who are going through a similar stage of life.
The group meets at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B (located next to the LRMC Urgent Care Center) at 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. The meeting is facilitated by Lisa Wallace, RN. For more information, please call (352) 323-2095.
Take a tour
If you would like to experience The Life Center for Women at Leesburg Regional Medical Center, tours of the family-centered nursing units are held the 3rd Monday of every month at 5 p.m. For more information, call 352.323.5960 or email CLeeper@centflhealth.org.
Our physicians are trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques to treat a host of gynecologic issues such as urinary incontinence, endometriosis, fibroids, menopause, etc. The private, spacious suites for women at LRMC are designed for post-operative care. Rooms are equipped with sleeping accommodations for an overnight guest as well as a private bathroom for your comfort. With our personal approach to gynecological services, it's no wonder why more women are turning to The Life Center for Women and Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
Anxiety and fear of pain keep many women from getting a mammogram. But imagine drifting off to a relaxing beach, a peaceful garden, or a captivating waterfall while modern and advanced imaging provides you a more comfortable experience and allows you to control the breast compression for your mammogram. All of this is now possible at Leesburg Regional Medical Center with the GE Senographe Pristina, our 3-D tomographic mammogram unit.
In tandem with the Pristina, a new SensorySuite creates a spa-like environment for patients. LRMC is one of only a handful of facilities in Florida to use SensorySuite, in which those getting tested for breast cancer can control the sights they see on a screen, the sounds they hear, and the aromas they smell.
Digital mammography at Leesburg Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and offers shorter exam times and faster results than traditional mammography. To schedule your appointment, call 352.751.8888.