For more than 50 years, we've helped countless individuals grow their families close to home. At Leesburg Regional Medical Center's Life Center for Women, we are dedicated to helping new mothers and their babies thrive. We are proud that you have trusted us to provide generations of care to Lake County.
Labor & Delivery
Our network of board-certified obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatric hospitalists and women's care nurses provide compassionate care through each phase of the birthing experience. Our spacious labor and delivery suites were designed for the comfort of mothers and babies as well as their families.
The Life Center for Women is equipped with a newborn nursery and state-of-the-art operating and recovery rooms for caesarean deliveries. Our pediatric hospitalists provide around-the-clock care to every newborn baby. Learn more about induced labor here.
Lactation services are available as well as FREE childbirth education classes.
Helpful apps for expecting mothers
Are you expecting a bundle of joy and wondering what to do next? Try downloading a pregnancy app to kick-off your pregnancy with confidence!
Whether you're pregnant for the first or fifth time, you'll want to have the best tools at your fingertips to stay on top of each trimester in a personalized way. Not only can certain pregnancy apps provide informative entertainment, but there are also tools within different apps to track various appointments, vitamin schedules, timelines regarding prepping for baby's arrival, and more.
Here are our top picks:
- Count the Kicks
- The Bump
- CCI AR (Education Books)
- Safe Sleep Sweep
- Baby Breastfeeding Tracker
- Baby Center Pregnancy Tracker
- CDC Milestone Tracker
- The Period of PURPLE Crying
The Life Center for Women at Leesburg Regional Medical Center wants to ensure that mothers and newborns receive timely and appropriate care to enable the establishment of optimal feeding, which promotes health and development. Click the links below for helpful information about breastfeeding:
If you need breastfeeding assistance, please utilize any of the following resources:
- Florida Department of Health in Lake County, WIC Program
- Breastfeeding peer counselors offer breastfeeding education and support for eligible WIC clients. Breastfeeding and You is a community support group held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. For more information, call 352.315.4425 ext. 2906 or visit lake.floridahealth.gov or www.FloridaWIC.org.
- Lake County Healthy Start
- Healthy Start participants receive personalized breastfeeding support, parenting education, tobacco cessation and other services. For more information, or to join a breastfeeding support group, call 352.314.6933. For more information about a Spanish-speaking breastfeeding support group in the Groveland area, call 352.203.0613. Visit www.CentralHealthyStart.org to learn more.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline
- Receive over-the-phone help with common breastfeeding concerns by calling 1.800.994.9662.
- La Leche League
- Leesburg Regional Medical Center
- Post-delivery breastfeeding support is available for all new moms and babies at LRMC. Hospital lactation consultants also offer a Mom's Morning Out Support Group on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B. The address is 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. Call 352.323.2095 to learn more.
Childbirth education classes
At Leesburg Regional Medical Center, we are committed to meeting your pre- and post-natal education needs. Classes such as Lamaze, Breastfeeding and Newborn Care are taught by skilled healthcare professionals and offer helpful interactive discussions.
View our schedule of upcoming classes.
To learn more about any of these FREE classes, call Christine Leeper at (352) 323-5960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online registration is also available.
Mom's morning out
Mom's Morning Out Breastfeeding Support Group
This support group was created specially to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding. Topics of discussion include the importance of breastfeeding, the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for six months and beyond, and basic breastfeeding management.
All new mothers are invited to join us on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on the hospital campus for continued support. This FREE educational group is a great opportunity for new moms to meet other women in the community who are going through a similar stage of life.
The group meets at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B (located next to the LRMC Urgent Care Center) at 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. The meeting is facilitated by Lisa Wallace, RN. For more information, please call 352.323.2095.
Take a tour
When you choose to deliver your little miracle at Leesburg Regional Medical Center, you are also selecting a hospital that earned a Gold Certified Safe Sleep Champion designation from the Cribs for Kids® National Safe Sleep Hospital program. This highest-level certification means staff go above and beyond in a pursuit to reduce sleep-related deaths (SRD) by promoting practices and education for infant sleep safety.
Our physicians are trained in minimally-invasive surgical techniques to treat a host of gynecologic issues such as urinary incontinence, endometriosis, fibroids, menopause, etc. The private, spacious suites for women at LRMC are designed for post-operative care. Rooms are equipped with sleeping accommodations for an overnight guest as well as a private bathroom for your comfort.
Digital mammography at Leesburg Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and offers shorter exam times and faster results than traditional mammography. To schedule your appointment, call 352.751.8888.