Labor & Delivery
At Leesburg Regional Medical Center's Life Center for Women, our network of board-certified obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatric hospitalists and dedicated women's care nurses provide compassionate and personalized care through each phase of the birthing experience. Our spacious labor and delivery suites were designed for the comfort of mothers and babies as well as their families.
The Life Center for Women is equipped with a 10-bed newborn nursery and state-of-the-art operating and recovery rooms for caesarean deliveries. Plus, our pediatric hospitalist team provides around-the-clock care to every newborn baby in our hospital. Each year, more than 1,300 babies are born at Leesburg Regional Medical Center. That's experience you can count on when it matters most.
Lactation services are available as well as FREE childbirth education classes.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), "breastfeeding is a vital component of realizing every child's right to the highest attainable standard of health.The first few hours and days of a newborn's life are a critical window for establishing lactation and providing mothers with the support they need to breastfeed successfully."
At the Life Center for Women at LRMC, we want to ensure that mothers and newborns receive timely and appropriate care to enable the establishment of optimal feeding for newborns, which promotes their health and development. If you need assistance, please utilize any of the following resources:
- Florida Department of Health in Lake County, WIC Program
- Breastfeeding peer counselors offer one-on-one and group breastfeeding education and support for eligible WIC clients. Breastfeeding and You is a community support group held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. For more information, call 352.315.4425 ext. 2906 or visit lake.floridahealth.gov or www.FloridaWIC.org.
- Lake County Healthy Start
- Healthy Start participants receive personalized breastfeeding support, parenting education, tobacco cessation and other services. For more information, or to join a breastfeeding support group, call 352.314.6933. For more information about a Spanish-speaking breastfeeding support group in the Groveland area, call 352.203.0613. Visit www.CentralHealthyStart.org to learn more.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline
- Receive over-the-phone help with common breastfeeding concerns by calling 1.800.994.9662.
- La Leche League
- Leesburg Regional Medical Center
- Post-delivery breastfeeding support is available for all new moms and babies at LRMC. Hospital lactation consultants also offer a Mom's Morning Out Support Group on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B. The address is 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. Call 352.323.2095 to learn more.
Childbirth education classes
At Leesburg Regional Medical Center, we are committed to meeting your pre- and post-natal education needs. Classes such as Lamaze, Breastfeeding and Newborn Care are taught by skilled healthcare professionals and offer helpful interactive discussions.
View our schedule of upcoming classes.
To learn more about any of these FREE classes, call Christine Leeper at (352) 323-5960 or email email@example.com. Online registration is also available.
Mom's morning out
Mom's Morning Out Breastfeeding Support Group
This support group was created specially to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding. Topics of discussion include the importance of breastfeeding, the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for six months and beyond, and basic breastfeeding management.
All new mothers are invited to join us on the second Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on the hospital campus for continued support. This FREE educational group is a great opportunity for new moms to meet other women in the community who are going through a similar stage of life.
The group meets at the LRMC Wound Care Center, Classroom B (located next to the LRMC Urgent Care Center) at 404 S. Childs Street, Leesburg, FL 34748. The meeting is facilitated by Lisa Wallace, RN. For more information, please call 352.323.2095.
Take a tour
Our physicians are trained in minimally-invasive surgical techniques to treat a host of gynecologic issues such as urinary incontinence, endometriosis, fibroids, menopause, etc. The private, spacious suites for women at LRMC are designed for post-operative care. Rooms are equipped with sleeping accommodations for an overnight guest as well as a private bathroom for your comfort. With our personal approach to gynecological services, it's no wonder why more women are turning to The Life Center for Women and Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
Digital mammography at Leesburg Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and offers shorter exam times and faster results than traditional mammography. To schedule your appointment, call 352.751.8888.